- Targeted information on global water issues;
- Thematic knowledge exchange, networking and dialogue opportunities;
- Visibility, access to business opportunities, information broker;
- Advocacy tools & exchange of experiences.
How to become a member
- Eligibility criteria
- SWP is open to organizations from all sectors (public, private, civil society and academia/ research) who are registered in Switzerland and have a specific interest in water or sanitation.
- You should be willing to promote sustainable and equitable use and management of water resources and universal access to water and sanitation with a special focus on the vulnerable and poor.
- You have to accept the SWP Statutes and shared values of solidarity and integrity and express your interest to become a member in written form.
- Responsibilities of a member
- SWP is an interactive platform for pre-competitive information and knowledge sharing, networking and thematic dialogue. We look for members who actively engage in the planning process, launch activities, network and share information and knowledge contributing to a dynamic platform owned by its members.
Please contact the SWP Secretariat and request further information to become a SWP member.
SWP Member Projects
Kickstart your own business with the cewas Start-up Programme! The cewas Start-up Programme supports dedicated entrepreneurs to develop their business ideas for a sustainable development of the water and sanitation sector. cewas is a Swiss-based non-profit competence centre combining expertise in sustainable water, sanitation and resource management with business innovation. The cewas Start-up Programme consists […]Read more
Le développement de la petite irrigation est une priorité de la politique agricole. Une vingtaine de programme de coopération porte sur cette thématique. Toutefois, très peu d’information est disponible sur les capacités et besoins des exploitations familiales ainsi que sur le potentiel d‘extension des surfaces irriguées très variable selon les régions. Le programme en cours […]Read more
Geo Expertise had conducted in collaboration with the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) a campaign of collect geo-referenced data and satellite imagery analysis to assess the state of agriculture in Orontes Basin and North East of Syria. This study has contributed to assess the state of the agriculture sector and has identified […]Read more
The Program has documented in north western and central Syria 25 water supply networks crossed by demarcation lines and/or ethno-sectarian territorial limits. The rehabilitation and management of these water networks requires the establishment of a negotiation and mediation process involving all stakeholders. A pilot project is conducted by Graduate Institute for International and Development Studies […]Read more
At the request of local institutions and farmers, Geo Expertise completed a rehabilitation assessment of the Al Ruj irrigation scheme (Idlib – Syria) and began implementing the project after securing the required funding from the the Qatar Development Fund trough the Qatar Red Crescent. The project comprises the rehabilitation of irrigation canals, the repair or […]Read more
Apply Now – Water Convention 2018: Call for Papers The Water Convention, which is the main event at the SIWW, welcomes water practitioners and leaders to share their best practices, strategies and applied technological solutions which address the challenges and provide opportunities under the following domains or themes: Delivering Water from Source to Tap Effective […]Read more
Fontes – affordable water for DRC remote areas Through its local partner Fontes will provide water delivery services in DR Congo by taking over existing schemes to serve large communities living in rural and semi-urban areas. Fontes will add energy services as needed and develop the needed monitoring and payments systems. Fontes has been operating […]Read more
SteriLux – medical sterilization devices for remote areas The Steribox pictured below sterilizes medical instruments using 1000 times less water and 100 times less electricity compared to conventional sterilizers. Other assets are its ease of use, cheap consumables and affordable price. Thus it meets well the needs of health centers and smaller hospitals located outside […]Read more
Nicaragua & Honduras: sunlight pump for smallholders ennos gmbh develops and distributes the sunlight pump, a portable solar water pump for irrigation and domestic water supply in developing countries. The technology combines income, productivity and labour-saving benefits. It will be made accessible in several countries through the establishment of a supply chain and affordable payment […]Read more