El Agua nos Une – SuizAgua is a partnership among the Swiss cooperation and national government institutions, business associations and companies in Colombia, Peru and Chile, which focuses on increasing companies’ awareness on water related risks to take action to manage and reduce impacts on water in their production sites, value chains and to lead compromise with water governance at the watershed level. SuizAgua has 8 years of experience and developed around 40 cases with main companies from different sectors (food and beverage, cement, paper, electricity, agroindustry, chemicals, among others) facing challenges to achieve the global water goal (SDG 6), while articulating with national policies and initiatives.
Video: Valuing Water
What we do
Partner companies advance on their corporate water stewardship journey by assessing their internal and external water risks and impacts (water footprint) along the value chain. They prioritize and invest in reducing the impacts of their own production process. Each company also engages with a strategic value chain stakeholder, either a supplier or a client, to move from optimizing single processes to a systemic approach. Furthermore, the company identifies a relevant action to work with water basing stakeholders to jointly improve water management and ecosystem’s restoration. Methologies and good practices are shared through a Latin American community of practice.
Lines of action:
- Evaluation, monitoring and reduction of water footprint in the production of goods and services (based on the ISO 14046); is at the forefront of the application of the standard ISO 14046 on water footprint
- Motivate and steer companies actions on watershed management and engaging with other partners on the ground; and
- Development of an active Latin American community of practice.
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Bottom-up inclusive water resources management
- Water footprint & Payment for ecosystem services
- Sustainable and effective water use
- Wastewater treatment & water pollution control
- Water saving technologies
Where we work
Colombia, Peru, Chile. Latin America
Event: 21 March 2018 | 10:45 | Swiss Pavilion | Topic: Water and Industry: Colombia, Peru and Chile – Corporate Water Stewardship
This event will show results from a public-private partnership
aiming at putting into practice corporate water
stewardship to strengthen water governance and business