Call for Proposals 2020
Are you interested in Water for Development?
Are you between 15 and 30 years old?
Do you have a new and innovative idea that needs seed funding to start?
Is your project going to take place in Switzerland or is it Swiss-related?
Then your project can get a seed grant of up to 1000 CHF !
Applications have closed for this round in 2020. Please revisit in early 2021.
Winners of 2020 Call for Proposals
Four really exciting proposals won the funding grants in this round. We have received proposals from different geographical areas and focused on different approaches about water in developing countries. Below is a brief description of the projects. If you like to support them as team member or project coach, co-sponsor them or look for more information, please get in touch with us.
1. NETWORKSHOPS: Networking events: Link Swiss young water talents to professionals of the Swiss water for development sector.
Project coaching: ETH
2. HUMAN RIGHTS FEEDBACK PLATFORM: Sensitize and mobilize health workers and patients to know and demand their human rights to water and sanitation through a simple and confidential online feedback platform.
Project coaching: Human Rights 2 Water
3. WATER BOUNDARYLESS CHAIN: Blockchain-based tool to improve transboundary water management and cooperation.
Project coaching: HYCON
SWP organisations involved: Geneva Water HUB
4. THE DROP: When a drop of water mirrors social collapse. Documentary movie on water equality.
Project coaching: CEWAS-Seecon
Youth-led Water Projects looking for support
Here are other interesting projects that despite the brilliant ideas, did not (yet) seek for financial support from SWP Youth! You can join the project as a team member, become a project coach or/ and co-sponsor these projects. If you like to support them, please get in touch with us, so we can connect you.
1. YOUTH WATER FESTIVAL 2020/2021: A festival to connect the youth to water as a thematic issue, and to the water sector in Switzerland.
2. MATURA MENTORING: The expertise of the members of the Swiss Water Partnership is available to pupils willing to explore up-to-date water subjects for their Matura or graduation works. Find more information here.
For Youth: See the current list of available subjects here.
For Mentors: Sign up as a mentor here.
Project coaching: Swiss Toilet Organisation
3. TOMORROW STARTS TODAY: A concept of interactive class interventions among 15-18-year-old students on the topic of water in development/humanitarian contexts.
Join our upcoming meetings
You want more information on our activities or want to get to know us better: As a SWP Youth member you will receive an invitation for the next meeting.
The next SWP Youth meeting: 3rd March 2021, 16:00 CET, online. Register here as a member to receive an invitation.
- SWP Youth Meeting – Online, June 2020: Slides
- Pitching & Financing SWP Youth Initiatives – Online, March 2020
- Vision and Governance: How do we operate, decide, and communicate? – Online, Nov. 2019
- SWP Youth | Kick-Off Meeting – Bern, Sep. 2019
Start Your Career in Water
Are you looking for a job in water for development?
- Have a look at Josh’s Water Jobs for internships and entry positions around the world.
- Check out cinfo or epojobs (in German only) for jobs in international cooperation
Do you offer a job for young professionals? Then send a message to Josh.
If you know any other water job portals, you can let us know.
If you have any queries, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español or English?