Jun 27, 2018 | 12:00 am - Jun 29, 2018 | 11:59 pm
Swiss Tech Convention Center EPFL, Lausanne | Lausanne
Innovative technologies to advance inclusive social and economic development in the Global South
Application Deadline: 30. September 2017
The call for sessions, events and papers of the 5th International Conference of the UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development has been launched. Tech4Dev 2018, gives you an opportunity to:
- Present your research at a unique multidisciplinary Conference focused on innovative technology for social impact in the Global South.
- Network across disciplines and fields of technology, to promote the development, deployment, adaptation, and scaling of new solutions for the Global South.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with diverse stakeholders – academics, students, engineers, entrepreneurs, policymakers, practitioners, and social scientists- interested in technological innovation in the Global South.
- Participate at the fabulous social event of the conference that will take place in the Lavaux Vineyards, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Tech4Dev 2018 invites researchers, students, practitioners, industry or anyone interested in critical issues in Technologies for Development to submit proposals for Sessions, Events or Papers (Extended Abstracts).
Tech4Dev 2018 is particularly interested in proposals with creative formats and innovative approaches to generating discussion. Submissions should emphasize the value of technological innovation while also acknowledging the limits of technology in generating inclusive social and economic development.
Core Thematic Areas:
- Technologies for Humanitarian Action
- Medical Technologies
- Science and Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Technologies for Sustainable Access to Energy
- ICT for Development
- Technologies for Sustainable Habitat and Cities
- Innovative business models for sustainable impact
- Design thinking for social impact
- Tech hubs in the Global South: opportunities and challenges
- Why do technologies fail: Learning from failure
- From local success to broader implementation: strategies and methods for successful upscaling
- Social inclusion through technology (e.g. communication, access to health, energy)
- Academic-public-private partnership: A recipe for success?
- How to fund and fundraise creatively?
- Innovation overrated: A buzzword or a way forward?
Official Flyer: Tech4Dev2018 Call
Proposals for Sessions and Events, as well as submission of Papers (Extended Abstracts) should be submitted online by using the prescribed template no later than 30. September 2017. Further information, templates and material can be found on the conference website.
Event location: Swiss Tech Convention Center EPFL, Lausanne, Route Louis-Favre 2, 1015, Lausanne, Switzerland