Mar 26, 2018 | 12:00 am
The Swiss Water Entrepreneurship Pact (SWEP) is looking for a Communication Coordinator!
The SWEP aims at enhancing the collaborative power of Swiss-based expertise in water entrepreneurship in order to increase impact of innovative water solutions by Swiss and international entrepreneurs. The long-term goal is to contribute towards realizing SDG 6 through enhancing entrepreneurship in water.
Scope of services
You propose a communication strategy & plan, including a mix of different
communication channels for SWEP. The communication channels may include
Email-Newsletters, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Medium, etc. However, it is up to
the bidder to suggest a convincing mix of channels to maximize outreach.
Proposed content for all channels:
o Block 1: News from all organisations
o Block 2: Stories from water & sanitation entrepreneurs
o Block 3: Opportunities for water & sanitation entrepreneurs
As the communication coordinator of SWEP, you implement your proposed
communication plan on a yearly contract. This may include:
o Coordinate all joint communication activities with the SWEP member
o Requesting news items form all SWEP Members
o Editing inputs and adapt them for the different channels on a weekly basis
o Upload relevant content from other sources
All communication is in English
Proposals that include a suggestion for simple visual elements for communication
(e.g. simple logo, basic design) will score bonus points.
Creating a joint website for SWEP is NOT part of this tender and is currently not
planned for the first year.
1. You are a registered self-employed or organisation and will work for SWEP in the
framework of a service agreement.
2. You have a communication background and you have been in charge for external
communications of organisations or networks before (please attach references)
3. You are proficient in English, but ideally you also understand French and German.
4. Your communication style is young, fresh and attractive for young entrepreneurs and
5. You have an interest in business creation in the field of water and sanitation and ideally
have some experience in these sectors
6. You are available for 2-3 face-to face meetings annually in Switzerland (Region
Geneva – Lausanne – Bern). You can work in one of the offices of the members or
Available Budget: SWEP can earmark max. 10’000 CHF (including all taxes) per year
For more information visit the Tender Flyer.
Deadline for Application: 26th March 2018 per email in ONE PDF to Michael Kropac (Cewas).
Proposed Start of work: 1st June 2018
For any further questions contact Michael Kropac (Cewas).
More about SWEP
The SWEP was formed in 2017 and is a network of independent organisations working in the field of water entrepreneurship. Current members are:
1. Swiss Bluetec Bridge: https://swissbluetecbridge.ch/
2. Antenna Foundation: https://www.antenna.ch/en/
3. Cewas: https://cewas.org/
4. Toilet Board Coalition: http://www.toiletboard.org/
5. Waterpreneurs: http://www.waterpreneurs.net/
The SWEP explores and acts on the question: How to work smarter together to achieve a higher impact?
Key activities of the SWEP include:
1. Identify & engage Swiss-based organisations that support water entrepreneurs through training, capacity building, mentorship, investment, etc.
2. Develop a joint structure (or “one stop shop”) of the Swiss ecosystem for water entrepreneurs
3. Leverage the people and resources in the ecosystem
4. Promote this ecosystem for water entrepreneurs
5. Foster partnerships (including PPP – public private partnerships)