Today, 28 August, WaterLex hosted a side-event at the Swiss Water Partnership booth at Stockholm World Water Week to share several short presentations about the organisation, our programmes and flagship projects.
The event agenda included:
- Introduction to WaterLex, our activities and mission
- Household water treatment and safe storage project
- NHRI Programme: the Programme, the Common Platform, and the 2015 NHRI Training Manual
- Water and Jobs project
- Legal Research Programme including the Legal Database
- Uganda project: Uganda Country Mapping: The Status of Implementation and Monitoring of the Human Right to Water and Sanitation
- Parliamentarian HelpDesk Programme
At the end of the event, WaterLex launched Waterpreneurs. Waterpreneurs supports the scaling-up of impact investment finance for the growth of local water entrepreneurs who contribute to the realisation of the human right to water and sanitation. The WaterLex Business & Human Rights programme generated the idea of Waterpreneurs in 2015. Waterpreneurs is the coordinating mechanism that brings together businesses and non-profit organizations, based on shared interests. In water-stressed areas, Waterpreneurs advises corporations to add a human rights-based approach to their work, especially if their business has an impact on the local environment and water supply. For more information please see the Waterpreneurs website.
For more information:
info (at) waterlex.org