The Swiss Water and Sanitation Consortium is looking for a Consultant to assist in preparing an approach and tools for “Blue Schools & the Water Cycle in My Environment”
Place of assignment: Nairobi, Kenya and “home office” | Duration of assignment: 21 Days | Dates of assignment: July-September 2017 | Language: English (knowledge of French beneficial)
Application Deadline: 4 June 2017 at 17:00 GMT
Background: The Blue School concept is a promising approach to improve and raise awareness about the link between water, waste, food and environment among children. It has been pioneered by the International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance and further developed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and partners. The Blue School concept complements the usual WASH in Schools (WINS) activities with a school garden as practical place to show relationships between food production and an efficient management of water; and a demonstrative place for watershed and land management practices.
The objective is to enable members of the Swiss Water and Sanitation Consortium to refine the Blue School concept 2.0 in order to provide project teams with recommendations, materials, new ideas and more practical guidance on how to better implement Blue School with a focus on the environmental component; specifically:
- A Blue School Concept 2.0 Methodological Note
- A catalogue with context specific technologies that can be implemented in schools to demonstrate the link between water, waste, food and environment.
- A Kit (called blue school kit) that will provide teacher/project staff/local government experts with the necessary step by step facilitation guide and materials to initiate pupils to the different components of the blue school and the link between those components, with the focus on environment.
- A Road Map describing all the steps to undertake to transform a school into a blue school, including steps to build ownership of key stakeholders and ensure the sustainability of the activities that will be implemented.
The above points are detailed below in the PDF: Project Outline Blue Schools
Procedure and Method of Work (estimated at 21 days)
Pre-workshop desk review / networking to identify and review relevant existing materials; review the agenda with Consortium Workshop leads; preparation of drafts: (7 days) | Workshop Facilitation: 5 days (4 workshop days and one day travel) | Post workshop Activities: 9 days
Proposal: Please respect the following structure (four components) for your proposal, which is compulsory:
- Cover letter with signature(s)
- Curriculum vitae of the consultant (max. 2 pages)
- Short description about qualifications and competences of the consultant with reference to the TOR; including proposed methodology for identifying/selecting the technologies and approaches for demonstration (max. 2 pages)
- Financial proposal in Swiss Francs in EXCEL: Worksheet_BlueSchools_Consultancy 2017
Deadline: Electronic submissions to Daya Moser, Swiss Water & Sanitation Consortium Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 4 June 2017 at 17:00 GMT.
More information can be found on the following link: Mandate_ToR_BlueSchools2.0_Consultancy 2017
Link to the official website: http://waterconsortium.ch/