Jun 27, 2018 | 12:00 am - Jun 29, 2018 | 11:59 pm
Are you interested in the development of innovative technology solutions to advance inclusive social and economic development in the Global South?
The call for Papers (Extended Abstracts) for the 5th International Conference of the UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development has been officially launched.
Tech4Dev 2018, gives you an opportunity to:
Ø Present your research at a unique multidisciplinary Conference focused on innovative technology for social impact in the Global South.
Ø Network across disciplines and fields of technology, to promote the development, deployment, adaptation, and scaling of new solutions for the Global South.
Ø Identify opportunities for collaboration with diverse stakeholders – academics, students, engineers, entrepreneurs, policymakers, practitioners, and social scientists- interested in technological innovation in the Global South.
Ø Participate in the fabulous social event of the conference that will take place in the Lavaux Vineyards, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Ø Build capacity among students and young professionals to engage in multidisciplinary problem solving for social impact.
Tech4Dev 2018 invites researchers, students, practitioners, industry or anyone interested in critical issues in Technologies for Development to submit proposals for Papers (Extended Abstracts). Submissions should emphasize the value of technological innovation while also acknowledging the limits of technology in generating inclusive social and economic development.
Core Thematic Areas:
- Technologies for Humanitarian Action
- Medical Technologies
- Science and Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Technologies for Sustainable Access to Energy
- ICT for Development
- Technologies for Sustainable Habitat and Cities
- Strengthening the research-policy nexus in the implementation of the SDGs
- Opportunities and Challenges in Quality (Rigorous) Impact Evaluations: Lessons from the academia and the field
- Development Engineering: Training Global Engineers
- Open science: an opportunity for the global south?
- Heart Money – the role of venture capitalism in enabling social outcomes
- Blockchain and the BoP: a disruptive technology for economic inclusion?
- Development Engineering in the Private Sector
- Building bridges among global high-tech hubs in the African context
Proposals for Papers (Extended Abstracts) should be submitted through the conference’s online submission platform, using the prescribed template no later than 5 January 2018. Papers (Extended Abstracts) should be oriented towards the Conference’s Breakout Sessions.
Further information, templates and material can be found on the conference website.