At the “partnering with the World Bank” event on 10.3. an overview of WB’s water activities was provided (see presentation) and opportunities for SWP members to jointly present integrated solutions in a consortium to respond to WB needs were identified.
The World Bank is looking for integrated solutions in the following areas (in brackets are SWP members who already expressed their interest in a specific topic):
- Dams and hydro-management (ETHZ IfU, Seco)
- Water resources mapping and monitoring (Eawag, Hydrosolutions, Helvetas, Aqua4D, Noveltis)
- Trans boundary river basin management
- Climate change (floods and droughts) and resilience
- Urban water/ groundwater (CSD Engineers, EPFL)
- Extractive industries and water
Do you have expertise and high quality solutions in one of these fields? Express your interest on a specific topic by 31.3. and become part of a thematic working group.
- early May: SWP will convenes f2f meetings for each thematic working group to jointly develop a first offer of integrated high quality solutions. Identified gaps in offers will be complemented by inviting additional Swiss organisations to join forces.
- early June: presentation of Swiss solutions to representatives of the World Bank, collection of feedback to refine the offers.
- late 2015/2016: SDC might fund (through SWP) short term missions of Swiss experts to Washington.